Need some top marketing tips? In order to succeed in business, marketing must take place to get awareness of who you are out there. Here is an excerpt from a recent interview between Dale Beaumont and John Rawson.
John gives some great top marketing tips he has learned over the past 25 years. With 25 years of business experience and a demonstrated gift for sales, John turned his hand to business consulting. He has since built a consultancy practice that specialises in business management and leadership systems based on improving people skills.
What are your top tips for succeeding in direct marketing?
Most of my tips for succeeding in direct marketing are the same for succeeding in marketing.
- Know your product, and what job the customer wants it to do.
- Develop a strong sales pitch that delivers your unique sales message to your customers in a powerful way.
- Understand that advertising with no plan doesn’t build sales; repetition of the advertising message builds sales.
- It is far better to advertise in one target market as this helps concentrate the message and deliver better value for money.
- Target your market specifically and well. Even late night television advertisements have a target market. Almost everyone makes the mistake of ignoring targeting. This aspect of marketing and direct marketing is what causes the most marketing failures. If you get to know your target market well it will ensure that all of your advertising dollars have an impact.
- Plan, plan and plan! This is the most critical aspect of business, and particularly direct marketing. Nothing is more certain than failure in direct marketing if people don’t invest the time to plan properly.
For more of this interview check out Dale Beaumont’s “Secrets of Top Business Builders Exposed!“.