Creating online business systems can be paramount to your online business growth and success. Discover some great tips in creating online business systems in this segment from an interview between Dale Beaumont and Mike Rhodes.
Two days after starting his first business, Mike experienced a minor setback when his internet cafe was flooded. After the water had gone, he went on to build a popular business, which he sold in 2001 and then moved to Sydney, Australia. Mike now spends his time speaking, consulting and mentoring with businesses on the subjects of online marketing and building websites that work.
What are your tips for creating systems for online businesses?
A system saves you from having to reinvent the wheel each time you do something. Here are my tips for creating systems:
- The most obvious systems are those that get your product to a client or customer. So if you sell information products, setting up automatic delivery is a must.
- Set up an auto-responder sequence for when a new prospect gives you their email address. This is a great way to start a conversation and earn their trust gradually over time.
- Use a product like AWeber to manage your email lists so that when someone buys, they are automatically moved from your prospect list to your customer list.
- Set up systems for your marketing. This might involve hiring an AdWords professional and a search engine optimisation (SEO) expert to ensure a steady stream of new customers. Doing so will allow you to focus on giving value to existing customers, without having to worry about finding new business.
- Have a system for handling money in and out of your business. No good with money? Well, you’re in business so you need to know about money. That doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to actually do the nitty gritty – you can hire a bookkeeper to look after your money systems – but you have to know enough to be able to ask the right questions.
- Implement systems that monitor the ways your visitors use your website so that you can improve it. Google Analytics is free and gives enormous insight into your consumers’ mind-set.
- Ensure that you have management systems in place. Gerber likes the concept of management by exception. That is, keeping an eye on the key performance indicators (KPIs) of your business to indicate changes in business performance. Changes in these mean that action is required.
For more of this interview and tips for creating online business systems check out “Secrets of Internet Entrepreneurs Exposed!“