The core values of a business are just that – core, the foundations of your business. When deciding on your core values, you need to dig deep and discover what your company stands for and believes in. This will infiltrate every part of the business. Find out the core values of kikki.K in this segment of an interview between Dale Beaumont and Kristina Karlsson.
Founder of kikki.K, a boutique stationery company with 21 gorgeous stores in Australia and New Zealand. Kristina has also recently started exporting to the UK and back to her home country of Sweden. In 2007 Kristina was named Victorian Young Business Women of the Year.
What are some of the core values that you built your company upon?
Identifying our core values and taking what I’ve always done intuitively and putting it into a form in which it can be shared with all new members of the kikki.K team is something that we’ve done a lot of work on recently. Our six core values are:
- Customer Focus – I’ve always had a total focus on understanding and meeting the needs of my customers, trying to inspire them with gorgeous products and ‘wow’ them with fantastic service, while being natural and fun to deal with.
- Creativity and Innovation – Embracing contemporary design and being willing to go beyond the boundaries of conventional thinking was what drove kikki.K in the beginning and what will continue to drive it in the future. Leading and not following is important to us and always will be.
- Enthusiasm and Fun – A desire to follow a passion and create an enjoyable and fun career was my reason for starting kikki.K. It’s an approach that’s helped overcome many barriers and has inspired those around me. [[Fun is an integral part of the kikki.K approach and it flows through all levels of the business.]] Life’s too short to not have lots of fun at work!
- Committed Team – Everyone at kikki.K sharing in the team vision and enthusiastically working toward its achievement is another core value. This means we strive to provide an environment where our people are stimulated, where personal and professional growth is encouraged, and where everyone enjoys coming to work.
- Honesty and Integrity – There is no other way.
- Community and Environment – I’ve always wanted to do whatever I could to contribute to the community I live in and to take a proactive approach to operating my business in ways that don’t harm the environment. Our aim is to leave the world a better place.
For more on A Great Example of Core Value of a Business and this interview check out Secrets of Female Entrepreneurs Exposed!