Find Tony Gattari’s top tips to be a great marketer in this portion of his interview conducted by Dale Beaumont.
In March 2002, Tony stepped down as CEO of Uniqueworld to set up a new company, Achievers Group Pty Ltd. Some of his large business clients include, Cisco, Australia Post, Domayne, LG Electronics, Mortgage Choice, Rebel Sport.
What are your top tips for becoming a great marketer?
- Understand who your customer is – defining your target customer reduces the risk of wasting money on poorly targeted marketing campaigns and ensures that your business provides a system that serves the customer.
- Just have a go – you do not know what is going to work until you have a go. Business owners’ fear of failure is what holds them back from achieving their potential.
- Set a sales target – a trained marksperson plans the shot, takes all factors into consideration and then aims at the target. A smart business owner sets a sales target, takes all factors into consideration (i.e. past history, trends, major events) and then aims at the business goal.
- Set a marketing budget – this budget ensures that you set aside money for marketing activities so that you can continually work on growing the business without going broke.
- Know the principle of multiple touches – how many ways can you encourage an individual to enquire about your goods or services? This principle states that while there isn’t just one way that will work on each individual, one particular form of communication will eventually create action.
For more of this interview with Tony Gattari check out Dale’s “Secrets of Marketing Experts Exposed!“.