No matter what stage you are currently in with your internet business, it is important to re-look at the fundamentals of how to run a successful internet business and ensure that you are on the right track to success. In this segment of an interview between Dale Beaumont and Sascha Griffin discover some top tips on running a successful internet business.
If you are just starting out, it is a great place to start and for those of you who are already in the business, use this as a checks and balances. Sascha embarked on her new venture – pinklily – creating a glamorous mail order company specialising in her ‘launch’ product – the clear shoebox. She could never have imagined the success that she has experienced in just the first two years – including an enormous clientele, staff, and a globally recognised brand.
What are your top tips for running a successful internet business?
It doesn’t matter what type of business you are in or what type of product you sell – it’s how you sell it. If you are going to be successful it all comes down to your product, service and relationship with your customer. In today’s world people have very little time and so many choices – if you are going to prosper you have to make each and every transaction a truly positive one. Every click is a potential client.
- Your business needs to be set up with organised systems in place.
- If your business explodes and becomes manically busy (as mine has on many occasions), all areas need to be able to cope under the pressure.
- You must constantly have the latest software and technology at hand, and be ready to adapt to the changing marketplace.
- You need to dedicate enormous amounts of time to test and trial different applications to suit your clients’ needs, while still running a successful business.
- Make sure you bring a WOW service philosophy to every single thing that you do.
- People can get what you or I sell 98 per cent somewhere else.
- Consistently evaluate your entire sales and service process and make certain you build in the WOW factor so that your service, products and company are loved – anything else won’t make it in today’s ever-changing business environment.
For more from Sascha Griffin check out Dale Beaumont’s “Secrets of Internet Entrepreneurs Exposed!“.