Advertising is an essential part of growing any business. If you aren’t continuously putting yourself in front of people, it’s unlikely that your business will ever reach its full potential and bring you the freedom and lifestyle you dream of.
Advertising doesn’t have to be expensive
Advertising through traditional channels can be expensive and for many business owners, it can seem like yet another thing they ‘should’ be doing.
You may not be aware of it, but there is an advertising platform that’s low cost, easy to use and has the potential to reach billions of people. If you are like 12 million other Australians you’re probably already using it every day.
I’m talking about Facebook.
Unless you’ve spent the last few years hiding under a rock, you will have heard of Facebook. While many of us use Facebook primarily as a tool for social interaction (and procrastination), it can also be used as a very powerful advertising platform.
What makes Facebook such a great advertising platform?
There are seven reasons why Facebook is the perfect advertising platform:
- Potential to reach over 1.2 billion people. The number of worldwide Facebook users is estimated at over 1.2 billion monthly and if you’re prepared to spend the money you have the potential to reach them all. With Facebook advertising you can target as many or as few people as you want to.
- Location based targeting. Facebook advertising lets you choose who will see your ads, based on their location. Depending on who you are targeting, you can display your ads to people within 20km radius of a particular postcode, or globally, giving you more control over who sees your ads.
- Targeting by demographic. When you use Google Ads you market to everyone – the only determining factor is what people are searching for at the time. Facebook allows you to drill down into the specifics of who can see your ad so you can target by age, gender, relationship status and/or interests. This means you don’t waste money advertising to people outside your target market.
- You can target fans of your competitors. We don’t necessarily recommend this, but you can target ads to people who are already following your direct competitors or other related businesses– for example, a personal training business can target fans of Rebel Sports. This feature gives you instant access to people who are already interested in products or services similar to yours which greatly increases your chances of success.
- You have control over your spending. With Facebook advertising you can set a budget so you have ultimate control over your spending. You can spend as little as one US dollar a day, which is much cheaper than many other forms of advertising. We usually recommend people start at $5 a day, track the results and go from there.
- You can turn the tap on and off at will. Being inundated with leads may sound like a good problem to have, but if you’re completely overwhelmed it might be hard to keep up. If you can turn the tap off you can control the flow of customers and only take on what you can handle, and you don’t end up paying for advertising you don’t need.
- You can measure exactly what is working and what isn’t. There are a range of sophisticated tracking and measuring tools that you can use to save time and take your Facebook campaign to a new level. At Business Blueprint we can help you set up these tools and use them to get better results from your Facebook advertising.
Effective advertising is the key to growing your business, achieving success and building the lifestyle you want. Facebook advertising is perfect for small businesses as it is low cost, targeted and gives you the potential to reach billions of people.
I see a lot of people lose money from their Facebook advertising through lack of experience and education. At Business Blueprint we can teach you how to use the tools properly so you can get more out of your advertising.
Talk to us today if you want to know how Facebook advertising can benefit your business, and what tools are available to help you maximise your results.