Tips on how to be an internet entrepreneur would be great, but how about top tips to be a GREAT internet entrepreneur? In this segment from an interview between Dale Beaumont and Andrew Clacy discover seven tips on how to be a great internet entrepreneur.
Today, Andrew runs a consultancy that advises businesses and helps them build internet traffic. He also owns various websites and has developed numerous joint venture partnerships. Andrew has travelled all over the world, going as far as Costa Rica, Switzerland and the US to refine his knowledge and skills in internet marketing.
What are your top tips for becoming a great internet entrepreneur?
- Find a great niche and stay in it.
- You don’t have to know everything – outsource your weaknesses and focus on your strengths.
- Understand that there are multiple ways to generate traffic and you should implement as many as you can. For example, writing articles; submitting press releases; optimising your webpages; getting links for your sites; using Google AdWords, MSN adCentre, MySpace, YouTube and podcasting; and developing an affiliate program.
- Always edu-sell. In other words, if you capture names, which you should, do not go the hard sell. Provide a lot of valuable content and, if you want, add a subtle offer at the end. But make sure you have real solid advice in your online newsletter.
- Most online marketers only look at the online aspects of their business, but you should not forget about offline as well. If you own a shop, capture people’s names and emails at the point of sale, use the media to gain free exposure, and advertise in targeted trade journals if you are in a relevant niche.
- Spend some time understanding the back end of your business. If you are selling a product online, join affiliate programs that complement your product and introduce those products.
- Never stop learning! The internet is always changing, so always invest in yourself and keep learning.
For more check out Dale’s “Secrets of Internet Entrepreneurs Exposed!“.