Success doesn’t just come about on its own. It takes hard work and effort to bring about success in any one area of life. In this excerpt from an interview between Dale Beaumont and Joseph Chou find out the essential qualities that have had a big hand in Joseph’s own success. CEO of Ironfish, an integrated financial services company, specialising in teaching other to create wealth.
What are some of the qualities you think have been essential for your success?
- A burning desire to achieve.
- A child-like naivety to believe that everything is possible.
- A willingness to work extremely hard.
- Never being satisfied with the status quo.
- A fundamental belief that tomorrow is better than today.
- A genuine humility expressed by hiring people who are more capable than me.
- Never giving up.
Years ago I heard an interesting story about an African tribe whose land suffers from drought. To get rain people in the tribe have to dance, and when they dance it rains. When Western tourists ask the tribal leader about this magical dance he says, ‘It’s not that when we dance, it rains. It’s that we keep dancing until it rains!
Learn to set goals and never give up. For me, goals become a non-negotiable commitment. I will keep at it until it is achieved. When you reach the top of the mountain, the view is the same no matter how long it takes to get there, but if you stay at the bottom, you’ll never know what you are missing.
For more of this interview and the essential qualities for success check out “Secrets of Male Entrepreneurs Exposed!“